10. It is a nutritious fruit that says “Thank you for being a good teacher.”
9. It shows you are a nice, respectful kid.
8. It’s nice to carry on an old tradition that associates apples with knowledge and education.
7. Your family grows apples and likes to share them.
6. Your mom put it in your lunch box, but you hate apples.
5. You didn’t read a single book on your summer reading list.
4. You meant to give it on the first day of school, but forgot.
3. It’s never too late to be an “apple-polisher.”
2. It will be a distraction from your incomplete homework.
And the number one reason to give your teacher an apple:
1. You need an A in arithmetic!
But seriously. Dedicated teachers everywhere deserve kindness and respect. Even if you give your teacher an Apple iPad, don’t expect special treatment. Just enjoy how good it makes you both feel.
If you want to know more about this tradition, visit Smithosonian Magazine